htdig: rundig still not finding all urls in htdig.conf

Debra Wilcox (debraw@manhattan.lib.ks.us)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:52 -0600

Hello again:

(Apologies in advance if you have seen this message before. I sent it at 12:30
pm and still do not see it almost 5 hours later so reposting.)

Thank you for your help so far, unfortunately, the rundig still isn't finding
all of the urls. I tried putting the backslash and carriage returning as
suggested, it still only found one url. So, I have been trying various
spacing-backslashing, this is the latest and best rate of find.

(htdig.conf)
start_url:
<http://www.core.manhattan.ks.us//%A0>http://www.core.manhattan.ks.us/
<http://www.co.riley.ks.us//>http://www.co.riley.ks.us/\
<http://www.manhattan.k12.ks.us//%A0>http://www.manhattan.k12.ks.us/
<http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us//>http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/\
<http://www.lib.ksu.edu//%A0%A0>http://www.lib.ksu.edu/\
<http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us//%A0>http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us/
<http://www.ksu.edu/>http://www.ksu.edu\
<http://www.manhattan.org/>http://www.manhattan.org/

Searches now find 3 sites, the
<http://www.core.manhattan.ks.us/>http://www.core.manhattan.ks.us,
<http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us/>http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us, and
<http://www.ksu.edu/>http://www.ksu.edu

Does anyone see something I am missing in how this could happen? My tech and I
are wondering if pico is spacing things in such a way that the htdig software
is not reading all that is there.

Here is the documentation that came up at the end of rundig.

htmerge: Total word count: 15069276929 May 22  1998 htnotify
htmerge: Total documents: 34992
Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

Thanks in advance for any more assistance you can give.