htdig: rundig still not finding all urls in htdig.conf

Debra Wilcox (
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:52 -0600

Hello again:

(Apologies in advance if you have seen this message before. I sent it at 12:30
pm and still do not see it almost 5 hours later so reposting.)

Thank you for your help so far, unfortunately, the rundig still isn't finding
all of the urls. I tried putting the backslash and carriage returning as
suggested, it still only found one url. So, I have been trying various
spacing-backslashing, this is the latest and best rate of find.

Searches now find 3 sites, the
<>, and

Does anyone see something I am missing in how this could happen? My tech and I
are wondering if pico is spacing things in such a way that the htdig software
is not reading all that is there.

Here is the documentation that came up at the end of rundig.

htmerge: Total word count: 15069276929 May 22  1998 htnotify
htmerge: Total documents: 34992
Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

Thanks in advance for any more assistance you can give.