Re: htdig: Problem compiling on FreeBSD 2.1.7.1

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:23:55 -0600 (CST)

According to Thomas Meinders:
> The compiler running on the FreeBSD machine of our provider is:
> gcc, g++ - GNU project C and C++ Compiler (v2.7)
>
> To give you all a little bit more insite in my problem I piped the output
> of ./configure and the standard error of make in two files which you can
> see under:
> http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/mechb/Leute/Meinders/configure
> http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/mechb/Leute/Meinders/make

The configure seems clean enough. The make results suggest that when
sys/stat.h is included, and tries to define the struct stat fields,
the types it's using aren't defined. Could you post your sys/stat.h
file on your web site, or e-mail it to me? I suspect that it's not
including sys/types.h (although the sys/stat.h on my Linux box, with
gcc 2.7.2.1, does). If it is, maybe your sys/types.h isn't defining
the types that sys/stat.h needs, but that would really be odd!

I know that on some older UNIX systems, sys/stat.h didn't include
sys/types.h, though it needed it, so you had to include both explicitly,
i.e. include sys/types.h before sys/stat.h. You may need to do so
yourself in htdig/PDF.cc and htdig/Document.cc. If that doesn't work,
I'd need to look at your stat.h to get a better grasp of the problem.