Re: htdig: Header/Footer Templates

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:11:15 -0500

At 2:28 AM -0500 11/25/98, F Harvell wrote:
>file (with the required extra htdig runs)? I.e., is is possible to
>have a single config file (maintained by me) and let a virtual domain
>site owner define his own header/footer?

Sure. The virtual domain has a separate config file. See the documentation:
http://www.htdig.org/confindex.html

>attributes, but, 1) they require a separate config file (and too much
>power to the user) for each virtual host, 2) they imply the
>requirement of a separate htdig run, and 3) they are relative to the
>${common_dir} (without the use of the ".." directory).

1) Too much power to the user? You can maintain the config files yourself
and have them point to template files for the site owner.

2) Nope--you can run one htdig run for your entire site and restrict the
virtual hosts to only return results from their domain.

3) You can set almost every directory using the config file.

Cheers,