Re: htdig: Configuration question...

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:23:41 -0500

At 11:41 AM -0500 10/22/98, David R. Barstis wrote:
>I've got htdig-3.1.0b1 installed on a server running Apache 1.3.3/Solaris
>2.5.1. The db is created and I can run htsearch as a standalone program
>with everything working. The problem occurs when I try using the search
>form. I get an Internal Server Error blah, blah, blah Premature end of
>script headers.

I've been trying to get to the bottom of all of these ISE problems. Here's
what I suggest for those who'd like to help debug this. If you use Apache
on the machine running the htsearch CGI, add this to your configs:

ScriptLog: /path/to/cgi.log

Make sure cgi.log can either be created or written to by the user the
server runs as (e.g. nobody). This will be a log of the input to CGIs that
fail.

In the last few days, I haven't seen any ISEs from htsearch, but I'm
waiting. If anyone can consistently get certain inputs to trigger an ISE,
let me know.