Re: htdig: redirected url

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:08:45 -0500

At 7:36 PM -0500 10/10/98, Phillip Morgan wrote:
>If I have both www.ehcs.com.au and clam.ehcs.com.au in the url list am I
>going to get
>every page indexed twice?

Not if you use the new server_aliases directive.

>However, I would really like to know what's causing the redirect.

Redirects are caused by the server itself. Pages can use META tags to send
browsers around, but until recently (in the development snapshots),
ht://Dig didn't see these tags. I'm assuming that a browser to the URL is
redirected too.

>Can any one help?

Add both to the url_list, and see the info in version 3.1.0b2 on
server_aliases and limit_normalized