Re: htdig: Anyone using HTDig with Japanese?

Geoff Hutchison (
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:10:21 -0500

At 8:00 PM -0500 11/23/98, Gavin wrote:
>Anyone out there know if HTDig can be used with Japanese (multibyte) text?
>I would be very grateful for any suggestions in how go about doing this - or
>pointers to areas of source code that would need work to enable this?

Wel... I think the first thing that will need to be reworked is the
htlib/ class.

There was discussion a while ago about Chinese support and while there was
disagreement about what needed to be done to completely support multibyte,
the consensus is that moving to supporting Unicode is a "Good Thing TM"

So check out
(I don't have enough time to do anything in this area--if someone would
even report on what seems necessary, it would be a great help.)