Re: htdig: Searching for adiacent words

John Grohol PsyD (johngr@cmhcsys.com)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:00:34 -0500

While you're at it ;-) ...

Can you add support for the boolean "NEAR" and specify
in the config file how many words NEAR should examine to
spit out a correct result? The default could be something
like 2 or 3, but a person could change it if they'd like.

But phrase searching is by far the most important feature
to implement at this time. It was the one main concern I
had when switching to htdig for our site. The more htdig
performs like a standard search engine like AltaVista, the
more it is likely to be used...

John