htdig: iso characters?

Palle Girgensohn (girgen@partitur.se)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:24:54 +0100

Hi!

I just fired up htdig and tested it on our site. I had got the
impression that htdig can index iso characters, however, this does not
seem to work.

At present, our national characters are (mostly) represented by ä
etc on our web pages. Are these entities converted to proper iso chars
before indexing?

Will it it work if we don't use html entities for non-ascii, but use
real charsacters instead (i.e. used instead och ä)?

If this is not implemeted, please could someone point me to where in the
code such a conversion would fit? I might just write it myself ;)

I'm running FreeBSD 3.0, btw.

Regards,
Palle