Re: htdig: Implementing + and - and User Help File

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:08:31 +0100

Well, I've worked on this item some time ago, but, stupid me,
I threw the source away (and Unix doesn't have undelete, not
that I know of on this machine), but here are the essential
ingredients:

+ -> AND -> AND (htdig)
- -> AND NOT -> NOT (htdig)

So: +words +undelete -windows -> words AND undelete NOT windows

But there's also a method variable which can be AND or OR
(not boolean ofcourse; we're going to make one). Words that
do not begin with + or - fall into this catagory. So you
get someting like:

words bill +linux +sun -windows

(words <<METHOD>> bill) AND linux AND sun NOT windows

where <<METHOD>> is one of AND and OR. Note the parentheses;
you'll need them when using OR.

I don't know the details of the +/- system exactly, but it's
a start.