Re: htdig: Configuration problem

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:38:03 -0500

At 11:47 AM -0500 11/21/98, Thomas Meinders wrote:
>Obviously my entries in CONFIG are wrong because after installing I run
>into the following problem. When I open the search.html dokument, enter a
>search word and start the search, my browser tells me:
>The requested URL /home/guests/mechb/CGI/htsearch was not found on this
>server.

These questions may sound obvious, but you didn't mention this so it's
better to be sure:

1) Is the file "htsearch" actually in the CGI directory?

2) Can you use other CGIs on this server from that directory?

3) Can you run htsearch from the command line?
e.g.
./htsearch
Enter words for search: foo
Enter format: long