Re: htdig: htmerge failes with strange file name

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:11:20 -0500

At 5:19 PM -0500 11/21/98, M. Tyson Bigler wrote:
># bin/htmerge -c conf/unix.conf -v -s
>htmerge: Sorting...
>sort: can't create /home/atlantis8/bigler/stmAAAa00598/a: Not a directory
>htmerge: Word sort failed

>If I had to guess, htmerge is cycling through some alpha-numeric set when
>generating the temporary files in $TMPDIR... if this is true, why on earth
>would it choose to use a '/' in the name??!! Can this be easily fixed
>(assuming this is the true problem)?

Uh. I think this is a problem with your sort program. During "sorting"
htmerge uses an external sort program (detected using ./configure) and uses
this to sort files in the $TMPDIR.

But htmerge itself never writes files into TMPDIR, so the problem would be
with the sort program generating an incorrect filename. What sort (version)
are you using?