Re: htdig: Possible htsearch bug

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:41:17 -0500

At 9:56 PM -0500 11/18/98, George Adams wrote:

>Sorry; to clarify, each time I was indexing and reindexing, I was simply
>running "rundig", and nothing more.

Do you have "remove_bad_urls" set? Since this is now a "bad url" it won't
be removed unless this option is set. Normally this wouldn't be a problem,
but there's old data under that url, so if it's not removed, you'll keep
getting the old data.

I'm open for suggestions if this seems to be incorrect behavior. We can't
just remove bad urls because we might have server problems. But we want to
remove documents that are truly gone. I think the current behavior is good
(though perhaps worthy of a FAQ entry?)