htdig: local_urls question
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:18:36 -0800

I have just installed htdig (3.1.0b2) on one of our machines and I have
been trying to make it index files locally without much luck.

I have read most of the messages from the archives with 'local_urls'
mentioned in them but that did not help either.

Here is what I have in my config file:

database_dir: /home/ww000004/htdig
limit_urls_to: ${start_url}
exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi
max_head_length: 10000
search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1
local_default_doc: index.html

and here is what I get from htdig

New server:, 80
Unable to build connection with
pick:, # servers = 1
htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: 0 documents is a host name, for which I have our DNS report an IP
address of a test virtual server.

If I try to run htdig on another machine (e.g. no the machine on which the
virtual server is installed) everything works fine - indexing through
HTTP/port 80) but what I want to do is actually index the site locally
using the filesystem only.

Can someone tell me what I do wrong?

Jivko Koltchev