htdig: local_urls question

jivko@ijs.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:18:36 -0800

Hi,

I have just installed htdig (3.1.0b2) on one of our machines and I have
been trying to make it index files locally without much luck.

I have read most of the messages from the archives with 'local_urls'
mentioned in them but that did not help either.

Here is what I have in my config file:

start_url: http://www.mydomain.com/
database_dir: /home/ww000004/htdig
limit_urls_to: ${start_url}
exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi
max_head_length: 10000
search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1
local_default_doc: index.html
local_urls: http://www.mydomain.com/=/home/ww000004/public_html/

and here is what I get from htdig

New server: www.mydomain.com, 80
Unable to build connection with www.mydomain.com:80
pick: www.mydomain.com:80, # servers = 1
htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: www.mydomain.com:80 0 documents

www.mydomain.com is a host name, for which I have our DNS report an IP
address of a test virtual server.

If I try to run htdig on another machine (e.g. no the machine on which the
virtual server is installed) everything works fine - indexing through
HTTP/port 80) but what I want to do is actually index the site locally
using the filesystem only.

Can someone tell me what I do wrong?

Thanks!

Jivko Koltchev