htdig: Implementing + and - and User Help File

Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:57:20 -0500

Now that I've got htdig functioning very well (great program!!), I
wanted to make it a bit easier for users on our site to search. I was
wonding if anyone had implemented +word (= use word) and -word (neglect
word) into htdig. I did find some messages in the list archive from J.
op den Brouw about it, and someone mentioned using PHP which I know a
bit how to use, but I didn't find any more.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had worked on anything to create helpful
tips for users or had any suggestions on the best approach. Htdig has
good tips in the results when there are no hits; I'm more concerned
about those who get thousands of hits and don't have a clue how to limit
their search. I'm thinking of something that would be included in the
search results header.

Thanks for any feedback,

Jeff Hill

********* HR On-Line: The Network for Workplace Issues ********