htdig: htdig/htmerge incorrect update of database files

Mike Dagan (odagan@hotmail.com)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:22:12 PST

Hi,

I use:
   htdig -a -v -s
and
   htmerge -a -v -s

To index our web site. I notices that when documents are removed from
the site,
htdig is not updated its database correctly ( Search result may include
the
removed documents!). To fix this i added the -i to htdig and htmerge
(e.g
htdig -i -a -v -s) but it takes to long to index the site.

Is this a normal operation of htdig/htmerge ?
If yes, when should i use the command without the "-i"

Thanks,
Mike