Re: htdig: Question: htdig and cgiwrap, AIX

Webmaster (webmaster@vallnet.com)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:43:58 -0600

It will run through cgiwrap just fine. I doubt you actually need root access
to set it up. I compiled it while in my personal (non- root) account. (we
try to avoid doing anything as root as we would prefer not to have to drive
20 miles to start the restore from tape) and it worked just fine... on Free
BSD..
Havn't ever dealt with AIX though so I can't be sure about the situation
with it.

    Eric Esslinger
        Webmaster, Valley Internet Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: MagicFab <MagicFab@bigfoot.com>
To: htdig@sdsu.edu <htdig@sdsu.edu>
Date: Thursday, November 19, 1998 11:31 AM
Subject: htdig: Question: htdig and cgiwrap, AIX

Hello,

I am new to this list, just found out about htdig while searching on
freshmeat.net

I searched the archive and FAQ at htdig.org but there is nothing about using
htdig with cgiwrap .
Do I need root access to install it, or can I run it from a user's account?

Before trying and compiling on AIX, I would like to hear from anyone doing
this, have you got it running on AIX?

Thanks for any help,

Fabian Rodriguez - MagicFab@bigfoot.com
"Imposible? Así empieza todo." - D.R.