htdig: Indexing Dynamically Generated Content

Patrick Gardella (patrick@cre8tivegroup.com)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:34:14 -0500 (EST)

I'm running htdig 3.1.0b2 on a FreeBSD 2.2.7 system with Apache 1.3.3.

Now the question...

htdig indexes normal cgi scripts just fine. For example, script.cgi gets
indexed.

It does not index scripts with a GET query, i.e. script.cgi?file=www or even
script.cgi?www. This is what I would like to do. Doing a -vvv shows that it
sees the query, but it deletes it when it parses the address.

How can I make this work? I searched the archives, and all I could find was
that this was a BAD THING(tm). Bad or not, I would like to do it.

Any suggestions?

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9