htdig: DB2 problem

Iosif Fettich (ifettich@netsoft.ro)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:06:03 +0200 (EET)

> Am I right in assuming that running "htdig -i -v -s" isn't creating a
> temporary set of databases and then writing them to the db directory?
> Because if it did, I'ld need over 500MB free on the hard disk, and I
> wouldn't have that much space free.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

It's just an idea, maybe someone knows better: as far as I know, htdig
isn't indeed creating _explicitly_ other files than what you see. But I
can imagine that some kind of sorting will need external files - and these
could be larger than you would expect. Can you maybe just give-it a try,
freeing a larger part of your /tmp or so during indexing...?

Iosif Fettich