RE: htdig: SSL search engine

Sat, 14 Nov 1998 20:38:38 -0500

At 12:24 PM -0500 11/13/98, Oliver Smith wrote:
> We also have a site that is going to use SSL.
>
> How would one go about using the local-filesystem indexing
>option you mention below, considering that ht://dig still requires to
>establish a HTTP connection even when indexing via the filesystem?

OK. I could be wrong, but I think the last time this was brought up, I
asked for a trace from htdig -vvv to see why it's hitting HTTP unless it
can't find a file.

Now if you want to know why it can't ignore broken links when doing
filesystem digging, that's a different matter (I'll add a config option if
this is an issue). But it shouldn't need to hit HTTP.