Re: htdig: Re: Indexing output of CGIs

Sat, 14 Nov 1998 20:30:12 -0500

At 7:36 PM -0500 11/13/98, William Rhee wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>I hadn't received any replies, except from someone else who had
>experienced the same symptoms. But after looking around in some of the
>src files it appears this behavior is by design, presumably to prevent the
>possibility of having htdig careen wildly out of control on
>dynamically-generated pages with dynamically-generated links.

This is NOT by design. This was introduced as part of one of several larger
patches to HTML.cc in 3.1.0b2. I'm fixing this in the current source tree
now--it will be in the snapshot tomorrow.

If you're worried about ht://Dig going "wildly out of control on
dynamically-generated pages" you'll need to exclude them (as the default)
with exclude_urls.