Re: htdig: Re: Indexing output of CGIs

Geoff Hutchison (
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 20:30:12 -0500

At 7:36 PM -0500 11/13/98, William Rhee wrote:
>Hi again,
>I hadn't received any replies, except from someone else who had
>experienced the same symptoms. But after looking around in some of the
>src files it appears this behavior is by design, presumably to prevent the
>possibility of having htdig careen wildly out of control on
>dynamically-generated pages with dynamically-generated links.

This is NOT by design. This was introduced as part of one of several larger
patches to in 3.1.0b2. I'm fixing this in the current source tree
now--it will be in the snapshot tomorrow.

If you're worried about ht://Dig going "wildly out of control on
dynamically-generated pages" you'll need to exclude them (as the default)
with exclude_urls.