Re: htdig: ht://Dig and SSI's

Jed Michnowicz (jmichno@homer.providence.edu)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:33:14 -0500

At 12:15 p 11-12-1998 -0500, Mark Juettner wrote:
>Does htdig execute server side includes during it's digging
>process? To include footers in my pages I have scripts
>that will insert the footers when the pages are requested.
>So anywhere I want a footer I do something like:
>
><!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/footer.pl"-->

Htdig acts as a web browser when it is digging pages so all SSI's will be
parsed.

>Any suggestions? If htdig is indexing the pages after executing the
>scripts to include the footers I'd appreciate any information on how I
>could stop it from doing that.

If htdig is running on the server w/ the pages, then you can use the local
file system patch (I am not sure if this is included in the newest beta).
This will just read the plain html without parsing SSI's.

-Jed

-
Jed Michnowicz
"Your only limitations are the ones that you don't know about."
http://homer.providence.edu/stc/jmichno