ISO indexing

Glen Newton (gnewton@wapiti.cisti.nrc.ca)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:43:09 -0500 (EST)

Andrew,

we are trying out htdig-3.1.0b1 to index the NRC site. The site
contains many french documents. As far I can tell, if either the ISO
for "e acute" or the SGML é are encountered they can be
searched using either of those entities in the search form. Our
question is how to make it so just the "e" is also matched;
i.e. téléphone is indexed, and téléphone,
telephone, and the (i can't on my keyboard) iso version is found in
the search.

In case i am mistaken, sorry to bother you.

thanks,

        Glen Newton