Re: htdig: ht://Dig and SSI's

Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:41:50 -0500

At 12:15 PM -0500 11/12/98, Mark Juettner wrote:
>Any suggestions? If htdig is indexing the pages after executing the
>scripts to include the footers I'd appreciate any information on how I
>could stop it from doing that.

OK, maybe this needs to be a FAQ entry. When ht://Dig indexes normally
(i.e. through the web), it's acting like any other web browser. So SSI and
CGIs and various stuff like that are going to be evaluated by the web
server--it doesn't know ht://Dig from Netscape from MSIE (well, OK, you
might write conditional SSI, but I digress).

If you index through local_urls, it will ignore the SSI because it's just
looking at the files themselves.