htdig: ht://Dig and SSI's

Mark Juettner (mjuettne@library.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:15:11 -0500

Does htdig execute server side includes during it's digging
process? To include footers in my pages I have scripts
that will insert the footers when the pages are requested.
So anywhere I want a footer I do something like:

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/footer.pl"-->

So I thought my name shouldn't show up in any searches because
it's not actually put into the file until it's sent so therefore
it shouldn't be in the file when it's indexed. Regardless, when
I search for 'Juettner' on my site I come up with four results
which I didn't think I would. Of course if you go to those
pages and view the source you will see my name at the bottom, but
if you view them on the server the only thing there is my
SSI line.

Any suggestions? If htdig is indexing the pages after executing the
scripts to include the footers I'd appreciate any information on how I
could stop it from doing that.

Thanks.

Mark Juettner
Systems Administrator
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library
http://library.gsfc.nasa.gov/
Code 252
(301) 286-9238