Re: htdig: dog and cat

C.H.Liddiard@qmw.ac.uk
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:40:54 +0000

Part of the problem is because 'and' and 'not' appear in the bad_words
file. If they are removed then 'and' and 'not' work as expected. 'or'
doesn't appear of course because it is a two-letter word. However removing
'and' and 'not' from the bad_words list does tend to give you rather large
search tables.

>I have found that if you make the AND, OR, or NOT in a boolean
>search UPPER CASE, it behaves as expected (I am still running
>version 3.0.8b2).
>
>Tim Peterman
>Lockheed Martin
>Moorestown, NJ
>
>Zvi Har'El wrote:
>>
>> I have reported this in the past, put didn't see any change or response, and
>> now thatI have intalled 3.1.0b2, I repeate the bug, simpified a little. When
>> searching for a boolean expression, like "dog and cat", the search is done
>> correctly, and returns the values "dog cat" in $(WORDS) and "(dog or
>>dogs) and
>> (cat or cater or cats or caters)" in $(LOGICAL_WORDS). Notice that an
>>"and" is
>> missing in $(WORDS), and if the user uses the default header.html to
>>refine the
>> search, the next search will genetae an error!
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Zvi Har'El <rl@math.technion.ac.il> Department of
>>Mathematics
>> +972-4-8294094(Phone) Technion - Israel Institute of
>>Technology
>> +972-4-8324654(FAX) http://www.math.technion.ac.il/~rl/ Haifa 32000,
>>ISRAEL
>> ``If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.''--Thumper
>>(1942)

>the body of the message.

Chris Liddiard TEL +44 171 975 5364
Systems Maintenance FAX +44 171 775 3221
Computing Services
Queen Mary & Westfield College
University of London
Mile End Road email: C.H.Liddiard@qmw.ac.uk