htdig: Development snapshots

Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:12:46 -0500

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, I asked if people would be willing to test development
snapshots. Now, I'd like to let everyone know about the availability of
weekly snapshots. Every week, at midnight EST Sunday morning, a script
takes a snapshot of the current CVS source tree and makes it available.
These are not meant as full releases (e.g. not "alpha or "beta" or
"final"). They're meant as a means to speed testing and release of
bug-fixes and new features for those that want them.

Snapshots and patches are available from:
http://www.htdig.org/files/snapshots/

The "first" snapshot is from Nov. 1, 1998 and is essentially the 3.1.0b2
distribution.

Do NOT use this code unless you like living on the (bleeding) edge. Since
the source is generated by script, there's no guarantee that it's in any
sort of consistent or compilable state.

That said, I use the CVS tree as a working search engine on my
site, so the source is usually pretty stable. I'm just not making
any guarantees. :-)