htdig: BUG: htdig-3.1.0b2 doesn't use proxy setting

Didier Gautheron (dgautheron@magic.fr)
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 21:37:27 +0000

Hi,

I apologize if it's old news, but I'm not on this list and after a quick
search, I haven't saw this one:

http_proxy parameter doesn't work anymore, or in a special weird way.

in Retriever::parse_url (htdig/Retriever.cc) the new line doc->Reset()
deletes proxy setting before it could be used.(Document::Reset seems to
be dead code in previous 3.08b2 version).

I have no knowledge with htdig source code so I don't post a buggy patch
(but commenting 'delete proxy' in htdig/Document.cc Reset method works
for me).

Regards.

Didier