Re: htdig: compilation problem.

Marcin Jagodzinski (marcinj@quake.org.pl)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:06:36 +0200

> >Hi,
> >
> >What is wrong with my machine?
>
> >configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
> >cannot create executables.
>
> As the message says, the configure script can't figure out how to get your
> C++ compiler to work (it tried something simple).
>
> Can you get it to work? If so, it's a problem with the configure script. If
> not, you'll need to reinstall the C++ compiler.

On RedHat Linux this error actually means problems with libriares.
I've got the same error configuring MySQL. Even tried to solve it be
setting CXX variable (solution form MySQL Readme), but it did not
worked. In most situations compilation works seemlessly, compiler is
OK.

Marcin Jagodziński
mailto:marcin@agsmedia.pl
http://marcin.webcorp.pl/