Re: htdig: Missing Files in Search Results

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 14:15:11 -0500 (EST)

> Using a fairly unmodified version of htdig-3.1.0b1 with local file
> search, I'm not getting hits in all the documents that I should. If I
> search using htDig, I miss files that I can get by searching using the
> exact same word/term with grep. While some of the files in the directory

I guess my first suggestion would be to upgrade to 3.1.0b2 and rebuild
your databases. It's a pain in the neck, but in previous versions, there's
been a database corruption problem. I saw a lot of strange stuff in my DB
disappear when that bug was fixed.

If that doesn't seem to solve it, I guess we'll have to get back to
debugging.