Re: htdig: DB2 problem on AIX 4.1.5 - unexpeceted file format

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:30:25 -0500

At 8:20 PM -0500 11/4/98, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>At 4:46 PM -0800 11/4/98, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>
>> This may sound obvious, but you said "in this new release." Did you upgrade
>> from 3.0.8b2? If so, did you forget to remove your old databses?
>
>Upgrade. I deleted the old databases. Completely fresh install. It
>wasn't the old databases causing the problem on my site.

OK. Chuq, you said you ran out of time trying to debug it. Ah well...

If someone would like to get to the bottom of this problem on AIX, try the
following:

ethel ~/htdig3 cd db-2.4.14/dist
ethel ~/dist ./configure --enable-diagnostic
[omitted]
ethel ~/dist make clean; make
[omitted]
ethel ~/dist cd ../..
ethel ~/htdig3 make
[omitted]

This will turn on diagnostic code in the database library--it will slow
things considerably, but it should help figure out what's going on. Run
htdig as usual and see what stuff comes up from the DB code.