Re: htdig: DB2 problem on AIX 4.1.5 - unexpeceted file format

Geoff Hutchison (
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:30:25 -0500

At 8:20 PM -0500 11/4/98, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>At 4:46 PM -0800 11/4/98, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>> This may sound obvious, but you said "in this new release." Did you upgrade
>> from 3.0.8b2? If so, did you forget to remove your old databses?
>Upgrade. I deleted the old databases. Completely fresh install. It
>wasn't the old databases causing the problem on my site.

OK. Chuq, you said you ran out of time trying to debug it. Ah well...

If someone would like to get to the bottom of this problem on AIX, try the

ethel ~/htdig3 cd db-2.4.14/dist
ethel ~/dist ./configure --enable-diagnostic
ethel ~/dist make clean; make
ethel ~/dist cd ../..
ethel ~/htdig3 make

This will turn on diagnostic code in the database library--it will slow
things considerably, but it should help figure out what's going on. Run
htdig as usual and see what stuff comes up from the DB code.