Gilles Detillieux (email@example.com)
4 Nov 98 03:15 EST
I've just uploaded the source and i386 binary rpms for the ht://Dig
web site search engine to incoming.redhat.com, for eventual inclusion
on contrib.redhat.com. In the interim, they can be downloaded from the
SCRC web site, at
The following RPMs were built on Red Hat Linux 4.2 and 5.0 respectively:
Name : htdig Distribution: (none)
Version : 3.1.0b2 Vendor: (none)
Release : 1 Build Date: Tue Nov 03 13:25:08 199
Install date: Tue Nov 03 14:14:34 1998 Build Host: cliff.scrc.umanitoba.ca
Group : Networking/Utilities Source RPM: htdig-3.1.0b2-1.src.rpm
Size : 2685355
Packager : Gilles Detillieux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
URL : http://www.htdig.org/
Summary : A web indexing and searching system for a small domain or intrane
The ht://Dig system is a complete world wide web indexing and searching
system for a small domain or intranet. This system is not meant to replace
the need for powerful internet-wide search systems like Lycos, Infoseek,
Webcrawler and AltaVista. Instead it is meant to cover the search needs for
a single company, campus, or even a particular sub section of a web site.
As opposed to some WAIS-based or web-server based search engines, ht://Dig
can span several web servers at a site. The type of these different web
servers doesn't matter as long as they understand the HTTP 1.0 protocol.
Release notes for htdig-3.1.0b2 1 Nov 1998
This version adds a few minor features as well as many bugfixes. It is
still considered beta as some bug reports have not been fully examined.
* Fixed a major database corruption problem. Since this bug
corrupted the document databases, to completely fix it, you will
need to rebuild your databases from scratch.
* Fixed many problems with the Makefiles and configure scripts.
Using ./configure --prefix= now works.
* Added fixes for connection problems with Digital Alpha-based
systems contributed by Paul J. Meyer!
* Added support for syslog-based htsearch logging. See the config
documentation for more details. Thanks to Leo Bergolth for this!
* Added fixes to work with DNS aliases (as opposed to virtual hosts)
through the server_aliases and limit_normalized options as
contributed by Leo Bergolth.
* Added cleanups of the HTML parser and the connection timeout code
contributed by Reni Seindal.
* Now supports case insensitive servers through the case_sensitive
* Now supports ISO 8601 date format, using the iso_8601 option.
* Added a wrapper to emulate Exite for Web Servers (EWS) contributed
by John Grohol.
* Added fixes to the contrib whatsnew.pl script to work with DB2
contributed by Jacques Reynes.
* Added a new contributed synonyms file from John Banbury
* Added a new template variable: CURRENT, the number of the current
match, from a patch by Reni Seindal.
* Many other minor bugs were fixed, so a big thanks to everyone who
submitted a bug report or a patch! See the ChangeLog for more
For more detailed descriptions of changes and patches included, see the
ChangeLog for this version: http://www.htdig.org/ChangeLog
-- Gilles R. Detillieux E-mail: <email@example.com> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Phone: (204)789-3766 Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada) Fax: (204)789-3930-- To unsubscribe: mail -s unsubscribe firstname.lastname@example.org < /dev/null ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sat Jan 02 1999 - 16:28:44 PST