Re: htdig: rundig on new install -- HELP!

Geoff Hutchison (
Tue, 03 Nov 1998 20:37:59 -0500

At 2:47 PM -0500 11/3/98, wrote:
>Htdig should say what it is unable to do.

I think what you're seeing is ht://Dig's error message. I'm not positive,
but I think it just got an error code back from the database code saying it
couldn't open the database. The error codes aren't too informative
themselves, basically you know whether it was able to open it or not.

>Did you have a chance to look at the config.log I
>attached? If not, I attached it again. Also, why does configure find gcc and
>then use cc???

You're asking why the db-2.4.14 directory uses cc instead of gcc, huh? I'm
not sure why their configure defaults to CC. In version 3.1.0b2, the
ht://Dig configure uses it's results to configure the db-2.4.14 directory.
This means that CFLAGS, CC, etc. will be set as the top-level configure

I guess my biggest question at this point is if the make worked OK. Clearly
you seem to have some problems with the db-2.x code.