Re: htdig: Modified Date

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 08:59:16 -0500

At 6:26 PM -0500 10/31/98, Dave Downin wrote:
>I've got the latest version of ht://Dig and am using a custom template for
>the
>search results...everything looks fine. Only thing is that the date modified
>$(MODIFIED) doesn't display anything. I did some searching through the
>htsearch source and it looks like the builtin-long template is also supposed
>to display the modified date...it doesn't.
>
>Anyone know why this wouldn't be working?

Well, ht://Dig only inserts a date if it gets one back from the server. In
the recently-released 3.1.0b2, there's a directive
"modification_time_is_now" that will allow you to pick the current dig time
as the time for the date. While it will be incorrect for search results,
you'll have a date. :-)

If you think the server *IS* returning a date, I'd like to see some results
from a run at "htdig -vvv" to look at the HTTP headers.