Geoff Hutchison (Geoffrey.R.Hutchison@williams.edu)
Tue, 03 Nov 1998 00:07:01 -0500
I'd like to announce the release of ht://Dig 3.1.0b2. This release has been
made possible by many contributions and bug reports, some of which have
been posted to the list as patches.
Release notes for htdig-3.1.0b2 1 Nov 1998
This version adds a few minor features as well as many bugfixes. It is
still considered beta as some bug reports have not been fully examined.
* Fixed a major database corruption problem. Since this bug
corrupted the document databases, to completely fix it, you will
need to rebuild your databases from scratch.
* Fixed many problems with the Makefiles and configure scripts.
Using ./configure --prefix= now works.
* Added fixes for connection problems with Digital Alpha-based
systems contributed by Paul J. Meyer!
* Added support for syslog-based htsearch logging. See the config
documentation for more details. Thanks to Leo Bergolth for this!
* Added fixes to work with DNS aliases (as opposed to virtual hosts)
through the server_aliases and limit_normalized options as
contributed by Leo Bergolth.
* Added cleanups of the HTML parser and the connection timeout code
contributed by Reni Seindal.
* Now supports case insensitive servers through the case_sensitive
* Now supports ISO 8601 date format, using the iso_8601 option.
* Added a wrapper to emulate Exite for Web Servers (EWS) contributed
by John Grohol.
* Added fixes to the contrib whatsnew.pl script to work with DB2
contributed by Jacques Reynes.
* Added a new contributed synonyms file from John Banbury
* Added a new template variable: CURRENT, the number of the current
match, from a patch by Reni Seindal.
* Many other minor bugs were fixed, so a big thanks to everyone who
submitted a bug report or a patch! See the ChangeLog for more
For more detailed descriptions of changes and patches included, see the
ChangeLog for this version: http://www.htdig.org/ChangeLog
Williams Students Online
To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the body of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Sat Jan 02 1999 - 16:28:44 PST