Re: htdig: Simple htdig on RH/Linux Question

Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:57:16 -0600 (CST)

Re: the problem with htmerge giving the Word sort failed error when called
from cron, under Red Hat Linux 5.0 or 5.1...

According to Budd, S.:
> A friend suggests that if the particular shell which
> is failing has a .profile which causes a interaction
> with a terminal, it will fail which executed from a cron job.

Well, I looked in all of root's dot files (.bashrc, .bash_profile, etc.)
and couldn't find anything of the sort. To be thorough, I moved all root's
dot files to another directory, and renamed /etc/profile and /etc/profile.d
and I still got the error. The man page for bash says it won't run .profile
or /etc/profile unless invoked as a login shell, and won't run .bashrc
if invoked as "sh", so those files probably aren't even part of the
picture anyway. Very strange.