Re: htdig: 2 minor problems

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:49:25 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, simon wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Having got through some minor installation problems we suddenly have two
> more
> When trying to run htmerge we got:
> Somewhere_deep_inside...: missing or empty key value specified

Hmmm, this is problematic(?)!!! When building the database,
a record is inserted with an empty key (which is not possible).
Don't know what the default action is, but my guess is that the
record is not inserted and htdig continues.

I need to rewrite the DB routine to print interesting stuff instead
of "Somewhere_deep_inside...:".

> Also trying to run: htdig -i -a
> the files were appended .work.new
> so htmerge complained it couldnt find the .work files
> Why did this happen ?
>
> Plus one last question. can the patch for logging the searches
> (keywords, hosts, time, etc.) and running it through analog
> (http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/) work on the new htdig
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

--jesse