Re: htdig: exclude_urls

Geoff Hutchison (
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:49:58 -0400

>Can "exclude_urls" be used to exclude one host from my domain
>when I am htdigging my whole domain (limit_urls_to:
>Will the following work?

It should.

>exclude the url (badhost) based on the ip address? Literal

No. Exclude_urls is done based on the string matching. So if the strings
are not identical, the URL will not be excluded. You can either include all
the aliases in exclude_urls or add a robots.txt file to that restricts ht://Dig from accessing files on the
server. This will be read no matter what alias is used.