htdig: virtual hosts

Frank Guangxin Liu (frank@ctcqnx4.ctc.cummins.com)
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 18:21:38 -0500

Does htdig support ip virtual host, or ip-less virtual host?

I guess ip virtual host should be supported automatically because
it uses different hostname and ip address. To htdig, those are
just different hosts.

"allow_virtual_hosts" must be invented for ip-less virtual host I guess.

For ip-less virtual host, all hostnames share one ip address, will
that cause problems for a host that has several names (aliases)?
Those hosts are not really virtual domain hosts, they just have
more than one names for other reasons (web.mydomain.com, www.mydomain.com).
If I enable allow_virtual_hosts, will htdig treat those hosts as
virtual domains and create duplicate entries in the search database?

Thanks!

Frank