Re: htdig: crontab problem solved!??

Adam Crews (doo@divaweb.com)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

Cron is not the problem. bash/csh is not the problem....
the default rundig scrit has a typo.

the very first line should read
#!/bin/sh
instead of
#! /bin/sh

There is another bug though with the 5.x vixie cron... it was not reading
the scripts properly so the #!/bin/whatever was not getting called
properly..

upgrading cron and fixing header of the script is what worked for me.

I looked into the source code for that error, and it comes when the
pclose in htmerge/words.cc fails. Anyone know why a unix shell would
effect the outcome of a pclose?

-Adam