Re: htdig: crontab problem solved!??

jeff@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:03:50 -0400

Folks,

Regarding solving the cron problem on my machine:

Mine was a RedHat 5.0 machine also, but I might have made updates here
and there over the past year. Anyway it went from not working to
working right after I upgraded vixie-cron. I did restart crond with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/crond

Anyway, I had a cron'd htdig job running once a minute while I was
fiddling aronud, and after this upgrade it all of a sudden it started
working. i.e. the stderr, which is logged, stopped producing error
messages. Admittedly, I don't know why this fixed things up, but
since it works for me now, I am happy.

Jeff

PS I have appended a full system dump of my working machine.
Important items, I think, are textutils, vixie-cron, htdig, and glibc.
Perhaps this will be helpful for those who are still struggling. Oh
yeah, and if you notice any serious network security holes, kindly
drop me an email rather than exploiting them. <grin>

setup-1.9-2
filesystem-1.3.1-2
basesystem-4.9-1
anonftp-2.4-1