htdig: indexing pages without links

Jerome ALET (alet@unice.fr)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:48:56 +0000

excuse my poor english.

I've solved my problem with unresolved .div symbol installing an older
precompiled version of htdig on SparcLinux.

now it works fine but I've got an NT Server with IIS and I want to index
it all from my SparcLinux box.

I do a smbmount to mount the web directories in my SparcLinux, hoping
this will be quicker than via http.

I want to index these directories even if there are no links from pages
to pages.
I mean I've got a lot of individual pages in my directories but no page
have links to these pages. How can I index (dig ?) these pages ? I know
it's possible with EWS because EWS works with local pages and
directories and reads the whole directory content. So even if there's no
link to some pages they are indexed as well as linked ones.

I've defined local_urls but it doesn't do what I want.

could someone help me or is it actually impossible with htdig ?

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE