Re: htdig: New Version

Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:30:30 -0400

At 4:06 PM -0400 9/29/98, Wayne Spivak wrote:
>When will the next release of HT://Dig be released?

There isn't any sort of formal timetable. Since development is done by
volunteers on spare time (as with most open source software), it waxes and
wanes.

I hope to have a 3.1.0b2 release around mid-October. I could make one now
that addresses many of the noticeable bugs in 3.1.0b1, but I'd like to see
if we can fix up a few more bugs and maybe add support for merging two
databases with htmerge.

One note. I'd like to kill off these memory leaks that seem to remain.
Since I know very little about UNIX memory allocation, especially in C++, I
can't do this easily. If someone has a working version of Purify or Checker
or some other memory-leak detector, please let me know.