htdig: ht//dig

Emil LAURENTIU (ELaurentiu@spacebridge.com)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 00:59:11 -0400

I have compiled ht//dig search engine and tried to use it ...
(Linux 2.0.35 system)

These are some of the problems I've bumped into:
acrobat reader's conversion to postscript did not worked
(Error: cannot catch output from acroread)
I've simply resolved that by using ps2ascii program from the GhostScript
distribution that converts both .pdf and .ps files to text

The htdig program stops (without any error message) when it parses html files
containing meta tags like below.
-----------
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="Microsoft Word 97">
I've run htdig with -vvvvvvvvv option :) but still no error is reported
when those meta tags are encountered. htdig just starts consuming
huge CPU time and nothing happens.

I've just erased those tags and everything went fine.
If someone else has a better solution please email me. Thanks.

--
								Regards,
								Emil