htdig: htsearch and multiple databases in one config file

Andrzej Baginski (abagi@idk.com.pl)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 18:15:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all

I'm new to this list.
I did some searching of htdig site about problem in subject of this
message but could find any stright answer how to do it or is it
even possible.

Can anybody tell me is it possible to make htsearch search multiple
databases described in one config file (separate config file to dig each
site and one config to search many databases)?

I'm aware that I can do that by searching multiple URLs and using
restrict/exclude directives, but sometimes indexing multiple sites lasts
hours, days and even weeks depends on connection, timeouts and servers
load.

Serching separate sites is faster (when something is wrong/broken with
some sites you know it faster), provides more control when you have
to deal with many URL that contains mixed information groups.

Thanks in advance

Andrzej

 IDK Internet Sevices | e-mail: Andrzej.Baginski@idk.com.pl
Czlonek zalozyciel PKFL | ul. Lakowa 37/38 | http://www.idk.com.pl