Re: htdig: htdig-3.1.0b1 and htdig-noindex

Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:37:41 -0400

At 6:08 AM -0400 9/18/98, C.H.Liddiard@qmw.ac.uk wrote:
>I have discovered something funny in the new version if you use
>htdig-noindex. I have this on one page I have been indexing and get the
>keyword and on the search results page I would get a match and see the page
>info. With the new version I still get a match but no longer get the page
>info printed.

I'm not sure what you mean by a match but no page info printed. Is the
excerpt not there? I put in code in the new version that should mark
"noindex" pages to be removed during htmerge. Quite honestly, I saw the
previous behavior as a bug. If I marked a page as "noindex," I didn't want
it to show a match.

I think the other strange behavior is symptomatic of the document not being
completely removed.

>Secondly there seems to have been a partial attempt to implement comma
>separated keyword lists but it hasn't worked. It needs an edit to change
>htdig/HTML.cc so that :-

Yes, this is a bug. It's fixed in the current version in the CVS tree.