RE: htdig: HTML special characters in HREF

Frost, Timothy E (timothy.frost@nz.eds.com)
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:07:56 +1200

Folks,

I encountered this on our site, with pages generated by FrontPage ;( and
with hand-generated pages. FrontPage writes '&' in the HTML.
Netscape & IE 4 both do the necessary SGMLEntity replacement.

Given the proliferation of generated HTML these days, I suspect that
htdig needs to put *everything* through SGMLEntity replacement. This
means *every* place where a URL can occur, not just the HREF= clause.

Tim