Re: htdig: Hi, I have a quesion concerning htdig.

Stephane Bortzmeyer (stephane@sources.org)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:59:44 +0200

[Wow, that's a great and useful subject.]

On Thursday 24 September 1998, at 12 h 39, the keyboard of Jorge del Conde
<jconde@securities.com> wrote:

> If I type the following command : ./htdig -v -s -a
> a .work gets appended to the db.files.
>
> What happens when the process finishes?....do the .work get appended to
> the db.files?

No, you have to do it yourself (I now, it's a bit surprising).

Here is an example in Bourne shell, assuming you have two bases, base1 and base2:

BASES="base1 base2"
SUFFIXES="docdb docs.index wordlist words.gdbm"

for i in ${BASES}
do
 for j in ${SUFFIXES}
 do