Request to extend search

jan@ba.be
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:16:12 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sir,

We have been using ht://Dig for some time now and are very impressed
with the speed with wich it produces results. We use it to scan about
19.000 documents producing a database of approximately 150MB (db.wordlist).

One thing however, that is missing for us is a limitation to search
documents from a certain period (say from january 1998 to february 1998 or
so). This extention is not mentioned in your TODO list. Is it possible
to add such an extension ? Will it be added ?

One other small remark. We are using ht://Dig 3.0.8b1 and one of the biggest
problems on our Sparc machine is that the (external) sorting routine
used, takes up hughes amounts of diskspace (specially with the big
database as ours). Is it possible to install a new sorting-program
that uses less memory/diskspace ?

Thanks in advance for any comments and congrats with this fine program !

Sincerly,
Jan Jansen