Re: htdig: cant get prefix matching to work

Jerry Preeper (preeper@cts.com)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:23:10 -0500

Yes, I am supplying the trailing asterisk in the query to trigger prefix
matching. If I search on something like Cobi Jones I get 16 matches.
However, if I search on Cobi Jone (no "s" at the end), I get nothing. If I
change it to Cobi Jone* (with the trailing asterisk) I still get nothing.

I also just tried adding
prefix_match_character: *
and then
prefix_match_character:
to the config file and neither produced results on prefix matching.

I don't know if this will help or not, but here are the rundig script
changes I made in the standard /bin/rundig script

BASEDIR=/www/directoryname/htdig
# cp $BASEDIR/db/db.wordlist $BASEDIR/db/db.wordlist.work
# cp $BASEDIR/db/db.docdb $BASEDIR/db/db.docdb.work
$BASEDIR/bin/htdig -a $verbose -s
$BASEDIR/bin/htmerge -a $verbose -s
$BASEDIR/bin/htnotify $verbose
cp $BASEDIR/db/db.wordlist.work $BASEDIR/db/db.wordlist
cp $BASEDIR/db/db.docdb.work $BASEDIR/db/db.docdb
mv $BASEDIR/db/db.docs.index.work $BASEDIR/db/db.docs.index
mv $BASEDIR/db/db.words.db.work $BASEDIR/db/db.words.db

Jerry Preeper
preeper@cts.com