Re: htdig: Trying to use metaphone or soundex

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:26:11 -0400

>in fact if I configure soundex and metaphone as the only search
>methods it doesn't find words that are exact matches.

I might be wrong, but I think the idea of the fuzzy algorithms is to return
alternate suggestions. So they wouldn't return exact matches. As for why
you don't get suggestions, I'm not quite sure. Are these the only fuzzy
searches that don't work for you?